18 September 2020

Why no posts?

Sorry, my friends. It's fire season, here where I live, and we were forced to evacuate when the fires came right to the house. Only the fire fighters and DNR kept the flames from eating my house. They can eat crackers in my bed anytime. Those men and women fought HARD. They deserve every accolade I can dream up. I am lucky...my house is still standing. The air has been unbreathable for the last week due to smoke, but it's RAINING, finally, and hopefully it should ameliorate conditions. If nothing else, I can relax my guard. I was able to reinstall my laptop et al...when the flames approached, I had about 20 minutes, max, to gather up the basic essentials...a bugout bag, the cats, and my laptop and hard drives...and get the hell out of the way. Lessons learned, my friends: always keep in mind that, with climate change, normal is no longer normal. Fires are going to be annually rather than once in a decade. Floods will be in your backyard. Hurricanes, typhoons, tornadoes, heat waves...this is the new normal. So be prepared. Always back up your data. Always keep a bugout bag ready. K'ndar will be back, soon. Thank you!

No comments: